More often than not, Winecoach sets up and steals a little Colorfulfoodie thunder! I’m happy to step aside and let him shine because he does! He gets just as excited as I do in the kitchen, and whips up some serious deliciousness. Without further ado…this is Winecoach’s chili featuring Tony Tomato’s tomatoes (and mushrooms). It made everything taste that much better!
Serves 6 very hungry people
(Makes for a great meal prep)
- 3 large tomatos – we used red, Yellow and green
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, chopped (we typically use half yellow and half red
- 3, garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can of black beans (14 oz)
- 1 can of red beans (14 oz)
- 1 lb ground beef (we used top sirloin ground)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can fire roasted cider tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa of choice (for added heat)
- 1-2 tbsp EVOO – extra virgin olive oil
- Spices to taste: salt, pepper, cumin, curry, paprika (And or half a pack of taco seasoning)
- Anaheim or Green chiles to taste, chopped (or jalapeños for a kick
- **May substitute ground beef to ground chicken or turkey for added lean (or chorizo for added flavor).
- Have fun! This is amazing, but you can add your own spin of ingredients and make it yours!
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil, slowly allowing time for it to brown and caramelize until “glazy”, about 5-7 minutes – his words not mine, but I think he meant as if there was a glaze over them, haha.
- Add chopped mushrooms – we added beautiful black trumpet tomatoes that are currently in season.
- Add ground beef that had been seasoned with salt and pepper until mostly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Mix chopped bell peppers and chopped anaheim pepper, followed by chopped zucchini.
- Add fire roasted diced tomatoes to get a “soupier” consistency.
- Season with spices, the trick to get it delicious is Taco seasoning.
- Add red beans and black beans.
- Lastly, add fresh tomatoes.
- The salsa to desired taste and heat goes at the very end!
- Let it simmer – tastes even better overnight or in the next few days!
Serve with sides, added cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt or just eat as is. It is wonderfully delicious and oh so tasty!
I hope you enjoy it, it is so amazing!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook and also “story and cook” so get the recipes in real time of instagram stories or Snapchat before they make it to the blog! A lot of this ends up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Stories and videos stay up for 24 hours.