If you know anything about me is that I am crazy in love with pecans.
You know I ALWAYS find an excuse to add them to everything, so it’s ridiculous that this recipe that I’ve been making for years just made it to the blog! This is the perfect recipe for mutual pecan lovers that always find a way to sprinkle it ALL over anything. Nuts are an amazing source of GOOD fats to our diets, not to mention they add texture to food making it more pleasing to the palate. The crunch and taste element here are second to none.
These go amazing on salads, dessert or by itself as a treat snack, and I must admit they can go down as easy as popcorn for me, so watch how much you put in front of you!
This recipe will make several servings, at least 8-10, but feel free to double or quadruple the recipe!
EASY ROASTED CANDIED PECANS
- ½ lb whole pecans (previously frozen)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
Dry “ Rub”
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon (or more)
- A hefty pinch of salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste or paprika (optional, but offers great bite!)
Egg white wash
- 2-3 egg whites or ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Prepare an oven safe dish with parchment paper. You may spray coconut oil over it.
- In a small bowl, mix all spices to make the “rub”.
- In a medium size bowl, add egg whites and water and whisk together until foamy.
- Add pecans to egg white wash mixture and ladle them with a slotted spoon onto oven safe dish.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top and mix it up.
- Sprinkle “dry rub” over the top. Add cracked black pepper if you wish. It will add a nice bite!
- Bring pecans into oven for 1 hour, pulling out sheet pan out every 15-20 minutes to check on pecans and give them a bit of a shake up with a wooden spoon so they can brown thoroughly.
- After an hour they should be crunchy coated and ready to be added to your favorite dishes OR enjoy it all on its own after cooling for about 10-15 minutes!
And then, I hope you LOVE them as much as I do!
I literally always find a reason to top the majority of my dishes with these.
To watch the video of how to do it, click here!!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
- Instagram: @ColorfulFoodie
- Instagram: @BrazilianFusion
- Instagram: @AnaSandee
- Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
- Twitter: @AnaSandee
- Youtube: Colorful Foodie
- Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!