As you know, I had a baby! Alexandra Maria is 2 months old (see more of my life with her on “life with a newborn“), and boy does she have an appetite! To keep up with her demand, I drink plenty of water (about 6 liters a day), eat plenty of nutritious food, steep all the teas and just doctored up my easy 5 ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip cookie. It is practically a hybrid between the cookie and my Lactation Oats recipe to make it even more convenient to take on the go if you can’t bring a jar, OR you just want a delicious gooey cookie!
This recipe is especially great if you can’t stand the taste of brewer’s yeast (most people can’t, I think I’m used to it now), which is an amazing milk boosting ingredient that can have an offensive taste depending on your palate. I guarantee you, you cannot taste it in this recipe, so don’t leave it out, unless you aren’t lactating; then feel free to leave it out if you just want a nutritious cookie, it’s for everyone!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of any oil (I used coconut)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon brewer’s yeast (yes, this is necessary for lactation boost)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash banana to a smooth-ish consistency with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Divide and conquer cookies – It should give you about 8 servings. Double the recipe for 16 if you have a crowd or just want to freeze some for the future!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for soft consistency. You may leave them in a little longer if you like them crunchier.
Enjoy the deliciousness!
I’m in no way guaranteeing you will increase your milk production by eating these cookies, but I can say that from my own experience they have helped me maintain a steady production when added to a balanced diet and plenty of hydration, not to mention all the ingredients in this recipe are highly nutritious and just good for you! Don’t completely rely on the cookies, they are just part of the package, and it helps that they are delicious, especially if you crave sweets and chocolates like me during these 4th trimester cravings!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Obviously, they end up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Videos stay up for 24 hours.