Finally got the recipe up for these delicious and healthier versions of my Brazilian Brigadeiros: These Chocolate Muffins made with coffee and cocoa to healthify and add flavor. I maintained the chocolate sprinkles because it is the very essence of brigadeiro which are essentially fudge balls. The muffins are much lighter in nature and very much a healthier version of a typical chocolate muffin, flavor retained! Here is what I did:
CHOCOLATE COFFEE MUFFINS
- 1 1/4 cup flour choice (I used cake flour)
- 2-3 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg, 1 egg white
- 2 heaping tablespoons of 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (or milk if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or oil/butter of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey (or 3-4 packets of sweetener)
- Dark chocolate sprinkles (not really optional!)
- 1/4 Dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients and add to dry until homogeneous. If using chocolate morsels, fold them in now.
- Prepare muffin pan with nonstick oil and pour mixture in. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for a good 10 minutes before you dig in!
Enjoy! SOOOOOOO delicious, and essentially guilt free in comparison to other recipes!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!