This is Spring and Summer perfection and will guarantee a good time at the table any time of the day! Here I have a “hungry man” version with 2 eggs and a substantial amount of food and a more well-behaved “individual” sized serving, or “his and hers” if you will. Despite he looks of it, although larger in quantify, the larger portion is still quite light, and while this is served as a main course here, it can easily serve as a side dish to your meal!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 Summer yellow squashes
- Optional: 1 medium size potato
- 1-2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 eggs
- Salt, pepper and spices such as sage, Rosemary, thyme
- 1-2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1 avocado, halved and cubed
Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and dry zucchini, squashes and potato if using. Chop into 1/2 inch squares. If using potatoes, make sure they are chopped a bit smaller than the zucchini and squash because this will bake faster.
- Spray a large baking sheet with EVOO, and pour onion, garlic followed by all chopped veggies. Season vigorously, you need it to be flavorful so don’t be shy!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Spray baking pans with nonstick oil And transfer baked veggies. Make “dents” or little cradles for your eggs to sit in and crack the eggs directly on top of the veggies.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and avocado around the eggs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or when the eggs set.
- Remove from oven, take pictures and tag me in them!
This makes for a great healthy option for brunch, But most importantly, for anytime you like! I hope you remake and enjoy!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie