Oh my delicious! This is my favorite “condiment” ever! If you’re here, you probably know that because you’ve seen it a million times throughout my social media channels, and that’s the very reason I decided to share this recipe with you all. I literally drizzle it on everything. It is super easy to make as well. Here is what you do! Watch the video on how to actually achieve desired consistency!
Make your own Balsamic Vinegar Reduction!
- 1 cup of high quality balsamic vinegar
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan.Turn heat to medium high and bring vinegar to a light boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a low simmer; low and slow is best!
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes until vinegar has reduced down, stirring occasionally to make sure your vinegar doesn’t burn!
- Reduction is done when it coats the back of spoon and has a “syrup” like consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow reduction to cool, and transfer to an air tight container and store in refrigerator.
- If reduction hardens after being refrigerated, place it in a bowl with warm water and heat it up so it will soften. Serve on a green salad (very common on caprese), on quinoa, on cheese, on a sandwich, on a flatbread, on pizza, to dip bread in or even on fruit (like on strawberries)! This goes well on basically anything! I love it!!
WATCH THE VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE IT BELOW!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Videos stay up for 24 hours. I may condense them into YouTube videos after!