This one is for all Pasta Lovers (that’s us) who like to keep an eye on Portion Control during the holiday season, or anytime of the year! You don’t have to suffer without your pasta, just eat a little less of it! Whether served in spaghetti or penne, the shape of the pasta is irrelevant! The taste is all in the sauce here.
I found that Mini Pumpkins make the best serving size, especially when eating this delicious, Low fat and Guilt-Free pumpkin sauce pasta! What I did:
CREAMY PUMPKIN PASTA with sun dried tomatoes of simply with a sprinkle of parmesan
- 3-4 Oz brown rice penne pasta or spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt (mascarpone or low fat cream cheese work as well)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for sprinkling over the top (or in the sauce if you love it!)
- 2 mini pumpkins, cored and gutted into bowls
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add EVOO and sautée the onion, garlic and sage cooking over in moderately low heat until the onion is softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and using a hand blender or high speed blender/food processor, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cup of pasta water and cook through in moderately low heat until hot. Mix in the greek yogurt or mascarpone and add red pepper flakes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and the pasta. Toss it all together. Transfer the pumpkin bowls or pasta bowls of choice, sprinkle parmesan and voilá!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!