Pasta. We love it! We are always looking for ways to make it more nutritious, at least I am!
I’m a lover of fresh ingredients for added taste, and keeping it simple for ease of execution, and this is exactly what we have here! In partnership with Brummel & Brown and my love for their organic buttery yogurt spread — I not only spread it on everything, but have also started cooking with it. Since their buttery spread is such a good source of “good fat”, much like avocado (which you guys know I love), walnuts and almonds, it makes for a fantastic addition to pasta sauce, wherever butter or olive oil would be used.
I’ve loved the combination of this pasta and the brown buttery sauce it produces; I’ve made it several times this past month, so I trust you will love it too! The fact that the spread is made with plant-based oils, means it is overall better option for preparing things like pasta sauces, and fits well into a balanced diet providing not only great taste, but a rich source of nutrients. For comparison, one 1 tablespoon serving of butter contains 11g total fat (7g saturated fat), while Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread contains 9g total fat (3g saturated fat). This means it has less than 50% the saturated fat of regular butter. The “icing on top” is that it is also non-GMO and gluten-free.
Since it can substitute butter or oil at a 1:1 ratio, I’ve done just that in this recipe, where I would normally use 2 tablespoons of butter, I used 2 tablespoons of Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread, and it came out glorious!! This works quite well if you’re seeking to follow a plant-based diet.
The result: A delicious and flavorful pasta dish for any day of the week! For us, it’s on Friday. Friday night is pasta night at The Sandees! Here is what I did:
SAGE AND GARLIC BUTTERY PASTA
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Brummel and Brown organic buttery yogurt spread
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz Fresh Fettuccine
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled, cubed
For the pasta:
Heat water and add salt – Prepare pasta according to directions.
For the Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil and Brummel and Brown organic buttery yogurt spread and in a skillet over high heat.
- When bubbling, add sage and cook it for about 30 seconds.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, another 30 seconds. You’ll notice it starts to brown, this is what you want, but watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in parsley.
- Season with a pinch of salt and plenty of pepper, to your taste of course.
- Toss with fettuccine.
- Taste test! If this is where you want it to be, it’s ready!
- Add protein of choice – I found grilled chicken is a nice addition for taste, and a well-balanced pasta dish!
For the chicken:
Pan sear chicken breasts in the same fashion, using the Brummel and Brown sage and garlic buttery sauce and searing until cooked through. A simpler alternative is chopping grilled chicken breasts into cubes and tossing it through the Brummel and Brown sage and garlic buttery sauce. Add it to tossed pasta as show in video.
Enjoy with a further sprinkle of parsley and/or fresh parmesan over the top.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.