Let me tell you why you NEED these in your life. They are delicious, filled with amazing nutritional value and will truly wow you’re guests and yourself after you have a slice of this all time brunch favorite! You will not be disappointed. Catch the short video of how I made it and “enjoy” the background classical music @winecoach insisted on playing as I made us brunch on Valentine’s day! Keeping it classy for you guys!
HEALTHY APPLE CINNAMON WAFFLES
- 2 eggs, 1 egg white
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 green apple, peeled, shredded
- 1 heaping tbsp greek yogurt
- 2-4 tbsp melted butter (or any oil of your choice) the more butter/oil utilized the “crispier on the outside” effect will be elevated
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour (oat flour)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- cinnamon to taste
- Caramel sauce
- Pecan pieces
- Almond butter
- Shredded coconut
- Maple syrup
- Green apple slices for garnishing
- Mix together all wet ingredient minus the shredded green apple.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture to wet until well incorporated, only then adding shredded apples. The batter will be thick.
- Preheat waffle iron and prepare it with coconut oil spray.
- Spoon batter into waffle and prepare according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Should yield 4 large waffles or 8 standard waffles (I used a heart shaped waffle iron because it was Valentine’s Day!
- Top your waffles with almond butter, sprinkle shredded coconut, pecans pieces and drizzle with caramel sauce and fresh apples on top! Maple syrup is optional and a delicious addition.
I’m in love with these waffles. I already knew apple and cinnamon went together, but the use of coconut milk in the batter and shredded coconut as a topping made it a home run for sure. Refrain from substituting those ingredients for optimal results!
I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as I did!
WATCH THE VIDEO OF HOW I MADE THIS BELOW:
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!