This is what happens when you’re on a mission to make chicken great! Chicken is a very popular dish, and can be as boring or as exciting as we want it to be! There is no better and creative way than stuffing chicken to make it fun and add some pizzazz to your dish any day of the week! In partnership with Brummel & Brown and the release of their new organic buttery yogurt spread, I took on the challenge to re-create this dish using this source of “good fat” option if you will!
There are literally endless options as to what you can use to make it “your own”, but this is by far my favorite. I’ve prepared it many ways before, and this dish remains my favorite! And since it’s made with plant-based oils, the Brummel & Brown organic buttery spread I used can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet and provide a source of good fats similar to those found in avocado, walnuts and almonds. It is also non-GMO, gluten-free, has less than 50% the saturated fat of regular butter.
In addition, it is a deliciously pure, creamy tasting buttery spread that isn’t just good on your bread (and it is!), but also a key ingredient in the making of this dish. It can substitute butter or oil at a 1:1 ratio, so it works perfect with any recipe you want to make, especially if you’re on a plant-based diet. For comparison, one 1 tbsp. serving of butter contains 11g total fat (7g saturated fat), while Brummel & Brown organic buttery yogurt spread contains 9g total fat (3g saturated fat).
The result: Delicious, flavorful and perfectly baked chicken made better-for-you. This easy, wholesome and delicious dish that can really wow your guests and family, because it looks difficult but it’s actually quite simple! Here is what I did:
STUFFED BAKED SUNDRIED TOMATO CHICKEN
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1-4 cup of fresh kale pesto
- 2 oz Sundried tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive tamponade (or chopped olives of choice, I love kalamata)
- 1-2 oz fresh mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground parsley to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon of Brummel and Brown organic buttery yogurt spread
Preheat oven to 400F.
- Butterfly chicken breast, or split the breast horizontally while keeping the breast minimally attached. Basically cut through the middle of the chicken where it will resemble a butterfly and can be easily stuffed.
- Season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread the ingredients inside of the breast evenly being careful not to “overstuff” the breast, topping off with the sundried tomatoes, tapenade (or kalamata olives) and mozzarella. Bring flap over and secure with toothpick..
- Bring an oven safe skillet to medium-high heat and add 1-2 tablespoon Brummel and Brown organic buttery yogurt spread, allowing it to melt, and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts (may be a little longer if very thin) until a nice brown sear is achieved. Sprinkle ground parsley to taste.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 5-6 minutes if thin, or 7-8 minutes for thicker cuts until it is fully baked. Watch it and test it, because overdone will leave the breasts dry, and you want them to be juicy inside! Cut through the middle to ensure that they are done at the end.
Serve with your favorite side such as salad, rice, pasta or veggies.
See the video of how I did it by clicking here (video will be linked).
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.