Healthy. Simple. Delicious!
Whether you’re trying to eat a low carb diet, have a gluten intolerance or simply want a healthier option, butternut squash is a wonderful way to go for veggie noodles! Also, it’s about time you got a spiralizer or dusted the cobwebs off of yours!! Here is what I did:
SPIRALIZED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AIOLI “FETTUCCINI”
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4-6 strips of bacon
- 3 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 3 tablespoon of kalamata olives
- 2-3 tablespoons of EVOO (or bacon drippings)
- Fresh parsley
- Salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Optional: Parmesan cheese for over the top
*Use a Vegetable spiralizer of your choice
*Vegetarians/Vegans: Drop the bacon
- Peel and even the tips of butternut squash so that they are flush.
- Spiralize on blade 6mm for fettucini.
- Fry or bake bacon (save bacon drippings if you wish to use it to season the “pasta”) until cripsy.
- To a large pan over medium heat, add EVOO or bacon drippings (bacon fat) and sautee the garlic.
- Add spiralized butternut squash incorporating with the EVOO/bacon drippings by moving it around with tongues or a wooden spoon allowing it to cook through.
- Cover and allow it to cook through for 8-12 minutes, turning and moving around the pain every couple of minutes until cooked through. You will know when it’s ready by tasting it so don’t be afraid to dig in!
- Add in kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. May also add in some fresh parsley.
- Plate, add more fresh parsley over the top and parmesan cheese if you so wish.
I hope you enjoy this as much as Winecoach and I did!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Obviously, they end up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Videos stay up for 24 hours.
WATCH THE VIDEO AND SEE EXACTLY HOW TO SPIRALIZE AND MAKE THIS DELICIOUS DISH!