Here is a quick and DELICIOUS brunch recipe for you, absolutely packed with flavor that will rock your weekend. This is inspired on Southwestern cuisine, particularly New Mexico where I’ve lived and enjoyed one the best flavors this world has to offer.
If you’re like me, this isn’t simply a brunch meal, but one to be enjoyed any time or day of the week. This could quickly become brinner (lunch + dinner). I hope you make it soon, because your taste buds NEED it! You can thank me later!
SOUTHWEST CHORIZO POBLANO AND EGGS
- 1/4 – 1/2 lb Spicy Chorizo
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Poblano pepper, chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes,halved
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of Mexican shredded cheese (more or less to your liking)
- bunch or fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- In medium-high heat, to a frying pan, Sautee onions with olive oil until caramelized. This may take a few minutes and it is important that they start to brown. This will add more depth and flavor to the dish.
- Add chorizo and toss until well incorporated and starts to cook through.
- Add poblano to allow flavors to marry up, stirring gently.
- Add tomatoes and toss them around.
- Make small indentations in the mixture and slide cracked eggs in each spot. A good trick is cracking eggs individually into a ramekin, and only then sliding eggs in.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese all around, a little or a lot, you can be the judge.
- Add lid to the top and keep heat at low-medium, keeping a close watch.
- It will be ready in approximately 5 minutes depending on the doneness of the eggs that you prefer. I like a cooked egg that is still runny.
Enjoy friends!! I know you will just love this quick and easy brunch recipe!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!