This is my favorite sauce ever! It’s pasta night Tonite so we had a little fun skinnifying it! This is the Healthy version that you won’t regret trying! Portion for 2.
What I did:
Rigatoni A la “faux vodka sauce”
- 6 oz Rigatoni, cooked
For the light pink sauce
- 1 medium Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (leave some whole if you love then like me)
- 1/2 cup any milk (I used almond)
- 1 cup baked and puréed cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch (or other thickener)
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried basil
- Sprinkle of pepper flakes
- 5 oz Grilled chicken breast
- 2 oz sundried tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Grill chicken and chop into pieces. I like to add red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and garlic powder all to taste.
For the sauce:
1. Combine all the ingredients in blender (except corn starch) and blend thoroughly.
2. Dissolve the corn starch in 2 tbsp cold water and when it’s dissolved, pour through the top of the blender while it’s still running. Keep running it for about 45 seconds and then turn off.
You may serve immediately, but I like to transfer sauce to saucepan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste (May even add some red pepper flakes if you like it hot like me!)
3. Toss rigatoni in sauce And serve with sundried tomatoes and chicken. Optional: sprinkle freshly grated parmesan.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Instagram: @BrazilianFusion Instagram: @ColorfulPregnancy Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! For example, this recipe was made right on snapchat and later became a video! Videos stay up for 24 hours, so get following there! I also share baby talk and daily adventures!