Because I can’t keep this from you any longer! This was our brunch this past weekend and it was TO DIE FOR! So much so that winecoach and I stuffed our faces so hard there were no leftovers. The type of thing that you want to keep eating even after way past the point of satisfaction of “fullness”. Truly addicting!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup flour of choice
- ¼ cup honey (may use brown or coconut sugar if you’d like)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, 1 egg white
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,
- Handful of chocolate chips for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Maple syrup for showering
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, vanilla, egg white and egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Mix in the pumpkin, Greek yogurt and then ½ cup chocolate chips. Let batter rest while you heat your griddle to medium heat.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray. Using a ladle or ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto heated griddle.
- Sprinkle the batter of each pancake with a few more chocolate chips IF YOID LIKE, but it’s probably already Chocolatey enough.
- Cook until batter starts to bubble a bit on top and the bottom is evenly browned.
- Flip and cook until both sides are lightly browned and chocolate is melting. Remove to a baking sheet and put the baking sheet in a warm oven while you cook the rest of the batter, OR if you have an electric stove use a warm table top and place your plate on it. That’s what I usually do.
ENJOY! This is delicious, and good for ya!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!