Delicious. And Healthy!
Unbelievable is was my initial thought, but I quite enjoyed this tart, dense jello tasting “flan” type desert that could easily be enjoyed any time of day.
Why? It is light, guilt-free and quite frankly, quote friendly on the taste buds! Any time I can pair delicious with nutritious and health conscious it is a win. Here is the recipe to this no brainer, 6 ingredient recipe that anyone can pull off quite quickly.
- 2 cups of milk (may use any of your choice)
- 2/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tbsp nonfat dry milk
- Juice of 2 limes (or 3, or even 4 limes depending on the level of tartness)
- 2 packages of unflavored gelatin (or 2 small bags) dissolved in a few tablespoons of water
- 2 tbsp natural sweetener
- Fully dissolve gelatin into 5-10 tablespoons of warm water.
- In a blender, add: milk, Greek yogurt, dry milk, lime juice and sweetener.
- Add gelatin mixture into blender and blend thoroughly.
- I like to run water through a cake or flan pan as to “prepare” it.
- Pour flan mixture into desired pan and place it fridge for 2-3 hours, rather overnight.
For the berry sauce
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen berries
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pour berries in frying pan over medium heat until it begins dissolving.
- Pour lime/lemon juice followed by honey and stir with wooden spoon until a “soupy” consistency is reached; about 5 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash berries into a sauce. Remove from heat.
- Once flan is set, pour over and enjoy. Return the remaining piece to the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie