For pizza lovers seeking to cut down on the carbs as well as gluten-intolerant. Here is the answer: If you haven’t tried it, give this cauliflower pizza a shot! It deserves it. And it’s winecoach approved.
The beauty is you can easily make it your own. Give it a shot, you won’t regret it!
Mediterranean Style Cauliflower Pizza
- 1 head of cauliflower cooked, riced
- 1 cup low fat shredded low fat mozzarella
- 1 egg and 1 egg white (or 2 eggs)
Optional (Highly recommended)
- 2 tbsp fresh fresh parsley (may use dehydrated)
- 2-4 tbsp onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano to taste
- garlic and onion powder to taste
- 1-2 tbsp pesto or tomato sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp mozzarella, shredded
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley to taste
- 1/2-1 cup chopped mixed bell peppers
- 5 large feta stuffed green or kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 oz feta cheese, sprinkled
- Oregano to taste
- Prehead oven at 425-450deg.
- Coarsely chop 1 head of cauliflower and Steam or boil it until tender.
- “Rice” cooked cauliflower with shredder or pulse in food processor until it resembles rice.
- The secret: Extract all excess water! 1/2-1 cup is not uncommon moisture from riced cauliflower. Use a strainer and squeeze excess moisture with a paper towel or cheese cloth! This is the secret to the crispy crust so it will notfall apart.
- Add all the crust ingredients together with with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare a pizza pan or cookie sheet with non stick spray and pat down crust mixture to the desired shape. Place in oven at 425-450F for about 15-20 min or until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, spread sauce and/or pesto sauce and Arrange your ingredients over the top (or add your own ingredients). May leave out sauce and make white pizza variation instead and it will still be delicious!
- Return to oven under broiler on high for 2-3 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes and That’s it!! I hope you love it as much as we do!
LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS IN UNDER 4 MINUTES BY WATCHING THE VIDEO!
Xoxo, Ana ?
C0unt Colors, NOT Calories!