Healthy Hashbrown Waffles
Makes 1 serving (can double or triple for desired party)
- 4 0z shredded hashborns (about half cup, loosely placed in cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 oz shredded cheese, parmesan or mexican blend work quite well here
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs to taste: fresh or dry, such as oregano,
Optional for added taste:
- Add 1 slice of bacon, chopped, into the mix
What you need:
- Waffle iron (obvy)
- Nonstick cooking spray (I like using coconut or olive oil spray) or use bacon fat
- 1 tbps nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of salsa
- a handful of arugula and tomatoes on the side
- Fresh or dried herbs for taste
- Mix all ingredients together, pour into hot oiled waffle iron and wait for the magic to happen.
- Should be ready when it starts to brown around where the shredded cheese is at.
- May let them sit in the oven at 220F to keep warm until ready to serve.
- After done, top with the suggested toppings and enjoy. Feel free to switch up the toppings as long as you stay away from anything sugar or flour. Be mindful of your macronutrients and keep balanced.
For those of us who love bread, waffles, pancakes, hash browns, home fries, this is a very good way to keep yourself in check while enjoying something delicious.
Tip: Letting the waffles sitting in the oven at 220F to keep warm actually makes it a bit “heartier” to enjoy.
I hope this helps you enjoy your weekly or weekend brunch without breaking the healthy lifestyle most of us are wanting to follow, whether it’s achieving the desired goal weight, or simply maintaining the healthiest body possible.
Here to help the journey and keep myself accountable! Thanks for being here with me along the journey.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!