You ask and you shall receive! Thanks to my snapchat family, this recipe had to make it here as quickly as possible! Of course the video can be watched on my YouTube channel by clicking here. Don’t forget to subscribe for most of my quick recipe videos! Now here are the so requested written directions to these delicious pancakes!
HEALTHY BANANA LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
- 2 smashed bananas
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour or white whole wheat
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup garbanzo flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurT
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Optional: 1/4 cup blackberries, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp almond flour
LEMON MAPLE SYRUP
- Pinch of lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients followed by dry ingredients and mix together until well incorporated.
- Add chopped blackberries and crushed fresh blueberries into batter.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet and add some more fresh blueberries. Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes or however long it takes to give each side a nice brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Makes about 10-11 pancakes, depending on the size you make them.
- Melt almond butter and drizzle in between the stacks. Top off with chopped pecans and more blueberries.
- Mix together the lemon maple ingredients, zap it in microwave until warm and dribble over the top.
I hope you all enjoy it!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Videos stay up for 24 hours.