Pasta night dreaming! For me it’s on Friday night, and that’s when I typically recipe test before I share with you all. This past pasta night was a hit, sore here are the results!
Healthier Creamy Parmesan Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed
- Rosemary chicken breast
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic until it becomes fragrant.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. flour into melted butter, whisking constantly. Cook, whisking constantly, 30 seconds to 1 minute or until mixture is golden and lumpy.
- Gradually whisk in milk, and bring to a boil.
- Add room temperature cream cheese whisking constantly, for about 2 minutes until it dissolves and sauce thickens.
- Lastly, add 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and a pinch of paprika, whisking until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to directions – today I used a spinach fettuccine and tossed with the sauce along with some a bit of pasta water, maybe 1/4 cup as sauce will get thick as it simmers.
- Serve with protein of choice, todays’s choice was rosemary chicken breast.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!