Here to share a Brazilian favorite shared on BrazilianFusion on my Brazilian food dedicated instagram page. I LOVE carrot cake, like most Brazilians and although I enjoy the American version made with nuts and topped with cream cheese frosting, the Brazilian version topped with chocolate fudge is still my favorite! In attempts to make a healthier version which is still acceptable in the deliciousness category, here is my healthier version topped with chocolate chips to decrease on the sugar intake but maintain the core taste associated with this! I hope you all enjoy it. I’ll be sharing the undoctored version on another post, because you deserve to know the truth, but this, this is second to none!
HEALTHIER BRAZILIAN CARROT CAKE
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (I used all natural demerara sugar)
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 cup almond meal*
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal*
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup oil of choice (I used coconut)
- A hefty sprinkle of salt
*May use 2 cups of flour if you choose not to use the almond meal and flaxseed meal although this increases the nutritional value significantly.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add carrots, eggs and sugar in the blender first until mixed.
- Mix together all other ingredients and pour them in blender together with carrot mixture. Blend until homogeneous.
- Pour batter in greased up cake, muffin or square pan.
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes and conventional cake for 45-50 minutes.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Follow us on Social!
- Instagram (Main): @ColorfulFoodie
- Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
- Twitter: @AnaSandee
- Youtube: Colorful Foodie
- Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
- Instagram (Brazilian Foodie Page): @BrazilianFusion
- Instagram (Pregnancy and PostPartum): @ColorfulPregnancy
- Instagram (Personal): @AnaSandee
- Instagram (Alexandra Maria): @LittleMissSandee
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I share my adventures and also snap and cook, so get the recipes in real time way before they make it to the blog! This recipe was made right on snapchat, and all snap stories are available for 24 hours, so get following there! Recipes then become YouTube videos on my channel so make sure you’re subscribed!