ROASTED HASSELBACK SWEET POTATO
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon melted oil of choice, butter, ghee or bacon fat
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley or chives for sprinkling
- 1 sprig of fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped Fresh chive to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Scrub the skin of the sweet potatoes thoroughly.
- Use a very sharp knife to make several vertical cuts from the top of the sweet potatoes most of the way through, stopping about ¼ inch from the bottom.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Brush with the melted butter, oil and sprinkle rosemary the sea salt and black pepper on top.
- Roast for 60 to 75 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, in a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper (and chives if you have them).
- Stir well with a spoon until it forms a soft sauce/mixture and use on top of potatoes.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
Snapchat: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so that means you can watch everything being made in real time!