This Healthy Pot Roast is my take on my grandmas’s aka Carne De Panela! All sides included. The perfect Fall and Winter food to really kick off and stay in the season, enjoying all it has to offer!
This recipe is So EASY and perfect for the busy peeps out there!! My grandmother makes this in Brazil in the pressure cooker, and it could also be done in the oven or on stove top but nothing beats the slow cooker or crockpot because it’s safe, gives you the ability to cook your meal while I’m at work or away for a while! This allows the stew to cook in its own juices making it taste SO AMAZING! Here you go.
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•. •.•.•.• .
5 ingredient Pot Roast (it cooks itself!)
1-2 lbs chuck roast, or cut of your choice.
- 4-5 large carrots, chopped
- 2-3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth (or more as needed)
- Herbs for seasoning – I like thyme, sage, rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil for searing meat and sautéing the onions
- Set crock pot on high to preheat. Add chopped onions and olive oil and sauté gently.
- Throw in the carrots and potatoes, followed by beef broth.
- Season generously with seasonings of choice. I used thyme, sage, and salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in a pot or frying pan and sear it for about 15 seconds to 1 minute depending on the thickness of it. This will be just to give it a nice brown sear on both sides.
- Add the meat together with the other ingredients in the crock pot, adjust to low heat setting, set the times to 4-5 hours on smaller cuts, 6-8 hours on larger cuts.
- If you’re using the oven, with the burner still on high, add 1 cup of beef broth to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway (about 3-4 cups). Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh or dried herbs.
- Again, if using the oven instead of the crock pot, set temperature to 275F, put the lid on the pot, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it’s fall-apart tender.
- Consequently, your crock pot will be ready when you can smell it from the furthest room in your house and the meat FALLS APART!
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy!
Other IG: @BrazilianFusion
Facebook:The Colorful Foodie