In my house, it’s usually Friday night! We’ve made it a tradition, we expected it, and we look forward to it, but it’s not always effortless. some nights you just want it to POOF*, appear in front of your face. Those nights, I have my go-to recipes that I can usually whip up in under 30 minutes – this one even better: 20 minutes flat!
Garlic Sundried Tomato Aioli Pasta I made the other night, so here it is! This one is a personal favorite, quick and easy, yet on the fancy side of pasta to make on that tired weeknight evening that you just want more out of. This is why Friday nights are a treat around here. What you do:
GARLIC SUNDRIED TOMATO PASTA
- 6 oz spaghetti
- 1/4 cup of EVOO (or if you happen to have this amazing fancy roasted garlic olive oil from Queen Creek Olive Mill, use that)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of julienned sundried tomatoes
- Parsley to taste (fresh or dry)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed Red pepper flakes for additional heat
- Optional: 2-4 oz of pancetta or thick cut back, crispy and chopped for sprinkling
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain.
- Bring olive oil and minced garlic to a simmer in medium heat in a large frying pan until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add sundried tomatoes.
- Add cooked pasta to sundried tomato aioli and toss, adding salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the pancetta or chopped bacon with healthy
- sprinkle of parsley. For additional heat, add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add a protein such as grilled chicken in place of pancetta or leave it alone. You’ll LOVE it. Promise.
It serves 2 hungry people, or 4 well mannered ones. You gauge your need!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.