Looking for an easy brunch dish that tastes delicious and looks like it was a lot of work? I gotchuuuu!! Seriously, the only difficulty part about these is waiting for the oven to cook the eggs to YOUR liking as you pace around the kitchen…because you’re hungry. The rest is a breeze, and your kid can put this together! It is also super easy and satisfying, meaning you won’t be hungry after one or two of these babies depending on your sides. This makes 2-4 servings depending on your level of hunger. I’m always hungry these days, so I need at least 2! Here is what I did:
EASY EGGS IN A NEST
- 4 slices of bread of choice
- 4 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil (or bacon fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
OPTIONAL (but I wouldn’t miss out on adding one or all of these)
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup shredded Mexican or blended cheese
- 2 oz of ham/turkey or 4 slices of cooked bacon
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bell pepper, chopped
- Fresh herbs: basil or cilantro work really well here
Preheat oven to 375F. (You can also do 350F, if you have patience and want to wait a little longer)
- Spray large muffin tins w/ nonstick spray,
- Place bread gently into tins, as to not break the bread.
- Lightly brush the corners of the bread w/ each slice of bread on both sides with the melted butter/olive oil/bacon fat, or whatever source of fat your using.
- sprinkle cheese evenly on the bottom of bread, which has now taken shape of muffin tin.
- Follow with the slice of ham/turkey or wrap bacon slice around the bread, making a “ring”, or house for your egg.
- Crack the egg in a ramekin and slide it onto each piece of bread.
- Add the sliced tomatoes around it, yes it will be crowded.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped herbs.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes (if oven is at 375), or 15-18 min (if oven is at 350F) or until egg has set. Check for “done-ness”. whether you like it runny or a little harder.
- Once the eggs are done, remove from oven let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the egg baskets from the muffin pan and serve hot with other sides, like a green salad or simply avocado (it goes so well with avocado, OMG).
This really is delicious, and you can make it in a rush, to impress your guests or simply to satisfy you and your family! Can’t go wrong with this one!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!