I love spiralizing zucchini for zoodles but this veggie is so amazingly versatile that it requires further experimentation. Who doesn’t love fries?? ? All things in moderation, but if wanting to have it more often than you should, definitely try out these Zucchini Fries! Crunchy, salty, it is just what we crave!
I love the texture in these if you crisp them up just right in the oven or the air fryer! They become nice and crunchy, and definitely satisfied us as an awesome side dish, appetizer or snack anytime of the week!! Here is what I did:
Crunch Baked or “Air Fried” Zucchini Fries
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup any milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, may use seasoned
- Salt and pepper to taste (an any other herbs you like, such as basil, herbs de provence)
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F, or air fryer to 400F – it depends on what you’re using but it has to be high heat.
- Cut zucchini into sticks, approximately 3″ thick.
- Whisk together egg or egg whites in a small bowl, and add milk.
- I a separate bowl, combine Parmesan if using, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper (an any spices your heart desires.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture until fully coated.
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray, and place zucchini on sheet. Alternatively, place them individually on the air fryer rack if using.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, turning them about halfway,until golden brown. It should take a bit less in the air fryer, about 15 minutes.
- Take a bite! When it’s crispy, It’s Ready!!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook and also “story and cook” so get the recipes in real time of instagram stories or Snapchat before they make it to the blog! A lot of this ends up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Stories and videos stay up for 24 hours.