This is my go-to easy peasy, super tasty favorite appetizer to make at home! There are so many ways to throw together bruschetta which is essentially a combo of veggies (mostly tomatoes), herbs, cheese and pretty much whatever you like to put on top of a nicely toasted piece of artisan bread. I still like the traditional way the best and made it even easier to put together in this post.
- Handful of colorful cherry tomatoes, halved (approximately 20)
- 2 oz of fresh pearled fresh mozzarella, halved (can be sliced)
- 2 oz kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions (optional)
- Fresh Basil to taste, chopped (about 10 leaves + some for decorating)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quality extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), 1-2 tablespoons + more for drizzling
- Quality balsamic reduction, 1-2 tablespoons + more for drizzling (See my recipe here)
- A baguette or another like loaf of artisan bread, sliced
MY FAVORITE TOPPING VARIATIONS:
- Fresh strawberries, chopped (blackberries)
- Goat cheese crumbles or spread
- Basil or mint
- Balsamic reduction
- Slices of prosciutto
- Basil pesto spread
- Fresh mozzarella pearls, slices
BRIE AND PEAR
- Brie cheese, sliced thinly
- Drizzle or honey
- Thinkly sliced Anjou pears
- Balsamic reduction
- Add All ingredients together in a bowl and toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Lightly toast slices of bread. Drizzle lightly with EVOO.
- Add prepared bruschetta to toast and further drizzle with more balsamic reduction.
- Open a bottle of wine and enjoy the crunch!
Just writing the recipe for you makes me want to go make it right now, so maybe I will!!
See below how to make your own balsamic reduction to drizzle over your bruschetta. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.