Ok, they don’t have to be only breakfast cookies, they can be anytime cookies, but 3 of these make for a perfect breakfast alongside your favorite warm beverage to get you going for the day.
These are good to go for those of use avoiding flour and sugar, as they will keep you full and cravings free! keep it nut free if you wish, but I can’t let the crunch go. These can be chewy or crunchy depending on how long you choose to leave them in the oven.
Let’s get it!
CINNAMON OAT BREAKFAST COOKIES
- 2 ripe or overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of any oil (I used grapeseed oil for this one)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon + more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts and or pecans)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Optional: 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas to a smooth consistency with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Divide and conquer cookies – It should give you about 10 servings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for soft consistency. May leave an extra 2
- Minutes for crunchier.
These keep well for up to 3 days out of the fridge. You can also freeze to optimize length of time and just thaw when ready to consume!!
Enjoy the deliciousness!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Obviously, they end up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Videos stay up for 24 hours.