A little something different for your weeknight (or datenight) pleasure. Easy to make with a pinch of flavor! Even for those of us who aren’t scallop lovers (winecoach) are guaranteed to gobble gobble the whole thing!!
BUTTERY LEMON LIME SCALLOPS
- 12-15 scallops
- 3 lemons, 2 halved, 1 sliced
- 3 limes, 2 halved, 1 sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of butter for pan searing and basting
Wash and dry scallops thoroughly. If you don’t, you might have some remains of sand so make sure you do a good job here!
For the marinade:
- Simple! Place the scallops in a deep plate, Tupperware or resealable plastic bag and add squeeze the juice of the 3 lemon and 3 lime halves, plus the garlic, salt, pepper and paprika. Allow it to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- In a large frying pan, add the butter and turn the heat up to high.
- Once butter is melted and slightly bubbling/simmering, add scallops and let them sit for 3-4 minutes (depending on your stove). Do not move them! They are caramelizing.
- With tongues, turn each scallop and Baste them gently with a large spoon. This means you get to give them lovely butter showers so they’ll cook through while the bottom side is cooking.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.