This is the easiest french toast you’ll EVER make. Effortless.
Not to mention, this mixture is generally healthier and the filling as well, depending on howmuch or how little you add. This is the most straight foward brunch item you’ll ever make! Yes it’s carb loaded, but carbs are life (I continue to repeat it because it’s true)! If you enjoyed the Peaches and Cream French Toast recipe, you’ll be all over this one. It’s alot easier, but equally tasty!!
ALMOND BUTTER AND BANANA CHOCOLATE FRENCH TOAST
For the French Toast Mixture
- 1 egg white, 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 slices of brioche bread (or bread of choice
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp hazelnut spread
- 2-3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Optional: Whipped cream
- Mix all French toast mixture ingredients together.
- Dip brioche into french toast mixture and fry them on frying pan prepared with some baking spray or coconut oil, about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown color is achieved and break is “cooked through”.
- Zap the almond butter for about 7-10 seconds in the microwave if you want it nice and smooth.
- Layer bread with approximately 1 tbsp of almond butter, followed by a layer of bananas. If you’re making a triple decker, add the next layer of brioche topped with hazelnut spread and another layer of bananas followed by final layer of brioche.
- Top it off with your favorite of a blend of hazelnut and almond butter with a shower of pecans! Drizzle maple syrup and enjoy with or without a side of whipped cream. This is the ultimate comfort, feel good brunch item, so enjoy it!
The great thing about this is that it’s simple to make, super satisfying and awesome to put together with anyone, even kids!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Videos stay up for 24 hours