T’is the season for Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes! I have made this and assure you it is the most delicious airfryer recipe you’ll find today! You can virtually do this to any of your favorite veggies to fry but there is just something about the fried green tomato that is unique. This helps to healthier it a bit and it tastes so similar to the deep fried you won’t miss it! All the way to the crunch at first bite!
Special thanks to my friend Tony Tomato who provided the freshest of tomatoes and inspired me beyond belief to eat tomatoes all week!
AIR”FRYER” GREEN TOMATOES
- 2 large green tomatoes sliced into 1/4 inch thick in rounds
- 3/4 c free panko
- 3/4 c breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- spray oil (I used olive oil spray)
- All the dried spices: salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic
Preheat airfryer to 390-400F.
1. Slice tomatoes and place on a plate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Beat eggs into a bowl and season well.
3. Mix panko and breadcrumbs into a plate, and you guessed it: SEASON IT.
4. Slowly dredge the tomato slices through the egg mixture then place into the panko mixture. Gently press the panko mixture on the top/bottom/sides of the tomato slices.
5. Spray the air fryer basket with spray. Place 4-5 tomato slices in the basket or as many as you can fit without crowding the basket.
6. Spray the tops with spray. This makes ALL the difference.
7. Air Fry for 8-10 minutes. Flip slices, spray again with spray and cook another 5 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
Enjoy! You will know it is perfect when you crunch into it and enjoy the juicy taste of that green tomato spreading through your palate. YUM!
Before you ask me, the recipe for the creamy and healthier Caesar dressing also lives on this blog! They make the perfect match too.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook and also “story and cook” so get the recipes in real time of instagram stories or Snapchat before they make it to the blog! A lot of this ends up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Stories and videos stay up for 24 hours.