AKA Risotto Balls
(Made with leftover risotto)
What you need:
- 1 cup of Cooked risotto or however much you have leftover
- Mozzarella pearls or any other cheese of your liking!
- Bread crumbs (I like adding grated Parmesan and other herbs)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive oil or coconut oil spray
- Spices: Salt, pepper, parsley, basil
- Optional: add other fillings such as olives and sundried tomatoes
How to do it:
- Use a spoon and place 1 tbsp of cold risotto in your hands, patting as you would a tortilla.
- Add 1 mozzarella pearl to the center and ensure it becomes involved with risotto around it, forming a ball.
- Run risotto ball through egg mixture followed by breadcrumbs.
- Continue until you run out of risotto.
- Spray balls with coconut or olive oil spray and bake them, fry them BUT my personal favorite: air fry them!
I preheated my air fryer to 390F (which is as high as it goes) and allowed them to “fry” for 10-12 minutes until crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside with a nice cheese pull to go with it!
This is how it went…