This is the simplest aioli lemon pasta happened tonight. If you follow @ColorfulFoodie on instagram, you may have watched me make this dish live on stories. (I cook and snap everything, either there or on my Snapchat @AnaSandee, by the way). It is literally Fresh garlic, olive oil, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper. That’s it. It was SO amazingly delicious and EASY, with the option of adding a protein, which today it was bacon wrapped scallops over the top.
Disclosure is I did not make pasta from scratch and also bought the bacon wrapped scallops, so those were cooked to instructions (from Trader Joes). The main thing to pay attention here is to watch for burning garlic. You need to be careful with that as it will severely deteriorate the taste and aromatic potential of your pasta.
Also, few ingredients are used to get this DONE! You may also gauge the amount of the ingredients to your taste, like more OR less lemon and or cheese, and so on. This is why I often say add “to taste” because your taste may be different than mine, but with that being said, this is the perfect amount of lemony for me! This will definitely be my go-to Summer pasta that will be on repeat this season !
AIOLI LEMON PASTA
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 2 tablespoons of lemon olive oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons
- 1 package is linguini or fettuccini (I used Trader Joe’s lemon basil linguini)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling.
***Use 1/4 Cup of olive oil of choice – I just happen to have many types of olive oil around here!
- Protein of choice: Something light such as fish or chicken. To accompany this dish, I chose bacon wrapped scallops, which I LOVE.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat (not high!). Add minced garlic and allow it to simmer and lightly brown move the garlic around so it doesn’t burn. This is quite, about 2-3 minutes, so if things look and smell like they are burning, quickly remove from heat.
- Your pasta now should be read, so strain it (saving some starchy pasta water just in case!), and add pasta to the the pasta and olive oil and toss gently with tongues.
- This is where the brownish color comes from that I got asked so much about. Brown is good!
- Now it’s time to season with a splash the juice from one lemon (more if you LOVE lemon) into pasta along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Follow with folding in grated Parmesan (as much or as little as you’d like). And that’s it!!
- For the Bacon wrapped scallops, I simply baked at 400F for about 20 minutes or until evenly cooked. Serve over the pasta or with a light protein of choice such as fish or chicken, to make the best summer dinner dish!
It may seem like Trader Joe’s sponsored this post but nope. I just really happened to purchase and enjoy these items, So there! I hope you enjoyed these as much as the family and I did!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!