Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite veggies to work with. It reminds me of my love for pasta without any of the guilt. Pair it with a light sauce and you really have a guilt-free dinner, so this is a great option for hose looking for a low-carb lunch or dinner option but still want your taste buds to dance! Make them samba with this recipe right here. No nonsense and super quick. Here is what you do:
LIGHT AIOLI SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or very finely chopped (or you can use the canned stuff which is also good)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO – depending on the size of your squash
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Grilled chicken
- Parmesan for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Poke multiple holes all around it (think of someone you dislike, like an ex.) and place it in the center of baking sheet. Roast the squash for about 45-50 minutes, turning it about half way. It will be done once you can easily cut through the center with a knife. Click here to see how. (Optional: Throw in cherry tomatoes in oven while still got for about 5 minutes tossed with a bit of oil oil so they will roast; otherwise keep them fresh)
- Allow squash to cool for about 10 minutes, cut in half and “gut it”, removing the seeds. Proceed to pick at the squash strands with a fork until it all looks like angel hair, or very fine spaghetti. Keep the spaghetti “shells” for reuse as a plate.
- Finely hop the garlic finely. Add it to 1 tbsp of EVOO and sautée lightly at medium in a sauce pan for about 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the olive oil.
- Add spaghetti squash strands to garlic and olive oil mixture. Season well with salt and pepper. Return the portions to squash shells.
- Grill chicken and cut it into strips for ease.
- Add grilled chicken, add cherry tomatoes and sprinkle as much parmesan as you’d like. Return to oven to broil on high for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Enjoy immediately. This is a much healthier choice, and really quite delicious. It’s a light sauce that will really hit the spot, plus it is extremely easy to make. I hope you try it!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!